Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Patchwork Project (part 3)

It's all in the details.

I find that with so many things, the little added touches...the details, really do make a difference!

In order to make the new carseat cover removable (and washable), I had to cut slits to allow for the seatbelt straps. To keep the edges from coming apart I sewed around where the slits would be cut. I also added buttonholes down the sides.

I made some "laces" out of polka dot fabric to keep the carseat cover sides together. I thought bows tied at the bottom would be a cute little detail.

Another detail I thought would be nice to have was seatbelt strap covers. I found this tutorial that suggested using potholders. Since I wanted everything to match, I traced the potholder onto my quilt fabric, cut it out, and added double folded bias tape and velcro.

Finally, this project is complete!


The Johnson's said...

love it!

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

Adorable, Congrats on your new little one.
What kind of camera do you have, you sure take great pictures.

saskia said...


Ence Family said...

I love it! You did an amazing job!

rayndrop said...

thank you. i use a canon rebel xti camera. (it's actually my dear ole dad's!)


Related Posts with Thumbnails