Monday, July 2, 2012

Apricot Jam



i picked apricots with my dad one morning a week and a half ago.

he picked me up early one morning, and we drove to the stake farm. we picked and chatted a little and filled our boxes, then drove back home. it took a little more than an hour.

i've been bottling and drying and making jam. i'll be giving some to him, of course.

i sure do like my dad.


p.s.
i know there are lots of jam recipes out there. i'm just going to write down a few little notes for myself...
5 cups blended apricots
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 package fruit pectin
6 cups sugar

cook according to the directions in the pectin box.
yields 9 half-pints (filled to the bottom ring line)

2 comments:

saskia said...

I have a TON of jam that I made last year, the kids want berry jam, not apricot. I don't really eat bread or jam (sugar) though I have made it with honey- so yeah... I can't wait for the apricots to come on in vernal. Your parents sound so loving and kind. I guess I marvel over your dad doing that for you, know wonder you are so sweet.

The Moore Family said...

I am so glad you like your dad. I like him as well. My girls said they saw your kiddos' over the 4th. One of these days we will have to get together!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails